Okay, you got that list of sites from the Decision blog yesterday? Don’t worry, there are more below. There are specific behaviors–verbal, physical, mental, spiritual things to do to build your awareness that will reduce your fear, frustration and increase your knowledge of aphasia.
- Check out one or two resource sites.
- Send the link to someone you love that you suspect has aphasia, or send information to his or her caregivers. Ease the burden and the loneliness of dealing with this frustrating condition.
- “Ways With(out) Words” is a 12-minute public service video that outlines some ways to ease communication for people with aphasia. And most of the actors have aphasia.
- Share Ways With(out) Words on your Facebook page.
- View Ways With(out) Words on YouTube and leave a comment. On YouTube you can search Ways With(out) Words or use this link,
- Ask your friends and relatives to watch Ways With(out) Words on Facebook or YouTube and leave a comment.
- Show Ways With(out) Words at your next professional, church, school, or club group meeting.
- Donate a copy of the DVD to your church, school, or club library.
- Ask your doctor to take 12 minutes during your next visit to watch the DVD. Ask her/him how many copies they would like for the office.
- Does your doctor’s office have a TV in the waiting room? Could they show the Ways With(out) Words DVD during office hours?
- Be sure to tell folks the DVD was sponsored by the Aphasia Center of Tucson, 1011 N. Craycroft Rd. Suite 301, Tucson, AZ 85711. https://aphasiacenteroftucson.com
More sites: Or go to https://www.aphasia.org/aphasia-resources/
id=1021625789&fref=nf&pnref=story Social media has given us the gift of Facebook sites and websites for aphasia centers and groups, linking folks together. You do not have to do this alone.
Tomorrow: Get ready. Change–it can happen.